Trend Forecast 13' - Grungy Glam

Category: , , ,






Summer is, and always will be my favorite season. I would love to wear cute tanks, dresses, and shorts year round – but alas – I live in a climate where warm weather lasts for a mere 4 months out of the year.
This doesn’t mean I don’t love me some good ol’ summer shopping, though!
I’ve been keeping an eye out for upcoming trends this season, and have picked out the ones that intrigue me the most; I will make a few blog posts this week on trends to look out for this summer!

~

One of my favorite trends this year is what I like to call grungy glam; edgy style clothing paired with cute accessories. This look is so easy to replicate and only requires a few staple pieces, such as a well-fitting pair of high waisted or cutoff shorts, some cutoff tanks or cool tees, and your comfiest pair of sneakers or boots. I have found most stores are carrying high waisted shorts this season, so finding a pair shouldn’t be a challenge. You also can attempt to diy your own pair (I plan on doing this soon!).
Another great option for finding clothing that fits this trend is to go check out your local thrift store. You should be able to find a variety of awesome tees that you can either convert to tanks or wear as is, the best part is you will surely get them for a great price! I like to look at websites such as www.nastygal.com and www.karmaloop.com for some grunge-esque inspiration.
Here’s to hoping it stays in style for a bit longer!





Grungy Glam

Comments (0)

Post a Comment